Sunday, February 05, 2006

There's A Funnel Web In Our Garden

I think there's a funnel web in our garden. I took a few photos of it that I'll post up sometime later iA. I poked at the top of the hole and made it come halfway out of its little funnel. I'm going back tomorrow iA and take some more photos if it's still there.

But father dear doesn't believe that it's a funnel web. He can't believe the fact that funnel webs are one of the most common and the most dangerous spider in Sydney that lives in your backyard and still you don't hear of so many people dying from spider bites. But there's a reason for that. Funnel webs aren't vicious; they won't come and attack you for no reason. If they see some huge thing walking around, they have their little holes to get into.... of course there's an exception with the mature males, which pretty much lead a homeless existance. Although it'd be a worry in summer when they sometimes just decide to pop up in the house for a visit after heavy rain.

Anyway, enough lesson about spiders. I do, however, have a little doubt that it might be a different type of spider that also lives in holes in the ground. It'll be dissappointing to find that our garden doesn't have the most dangerous spider of Sydney; I've been looking for them for soooooo long.

Anywho, I'm hungry and I'm gonna go have my first dinner.

Salams ladies

10 comments:

Aaisha said...

EMUUUU!!! R U NUTS!!! Every spider documentary I have seen says that the SYDNEY funnelweb is not only the most dangerous in Sydney, but the most dangerous in the WORLD!!! Paglami rekhe run in your house and stay away from the spiders!

Anonymous said...

NO - go out and kill urself!!! lol omly joking ...

Seriously - i think u should catch one and keep it as a pet!!!

Anonymous said...

that was ment to be *only* not omly - heh!!

Emu said...

i think the photos i took of my garden pet got deleted. sorry to all those (if any) who was looking forward to them.

peach, did u read the whole post? i said "Funnel webs aren't vicious; they won't come and attack you for no reason". the only difference is that i was giving him (think it was a male) reason to attack, but he thought that his prey kept getting away.....hardi har har.....gotta love these li'l dudes.....

Anonymous said...

I am a author looking for a picture of a Sidney Funnel Web Spider. I am putting it in a Children's Educational Book. I will put your name under the picture and in the reference page. I will also give you a book.You may contact me at;
www.publishedauthors.net/darylworcester

Anonymous said...

ohhhh - a childrens book .... ohhhh ur name - oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Actually im not that excited but i think u should find out if it a funnel web and give this anon a picture and educate the future generations ... lol - i've neva said sumthing like that before .... and if u do take picture - send them my way, not because i wanna write a book aswell - but because i want proof!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello again,
If you cannot leave a message on my web site for a picture in my children's book, please leave a message @:
Darylworcester@publishedauthors.net

Aaisha said...

Tumi ekta pagol ema! Always knew but now i get the meaning of the words: Actions speak louder than words!

Anonymous said...

mr annonymous, i'm sure you can get much better pics than mine which were taken st sunset and came quite blurry. besides, i'm not entirely sure if its a funnel web. all i know for sure is that it a spider and it lives in a funnel type hole in the ground.

Anonymous said...

Oh, pooh!! And here I was thinking yo were risking your life for the world's deadliest spider- Kinda like Steve Irwin... only minus the crocs. Lol :P
Go on, Emu- say "You beaut!!" for us...
:D