An utterly grossifying tale:
"Animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has set an almighty challenge: they'll give US$! million to anyone who can bring lab-made meat to the market by 2012. In vitro meat production would use animal stem cells placed in a medium to grow and reproduce. The result would mimic flesh and could be cooked and eaten.
Science writer William Saletan recently wrote on slate.com: "Instead of growing a chicken embryo into a bird ad cutting meat from it, you skip the bird part and grow the meat directly fromthe embryo."
While PETA is pushin the idea to stop animal suffering, they are expecting a backlash from people who may well ask, if it looks like a duch and tastes like duck, is it a duck? Let's watch this develep."
Let's. I mean, come on! PETA has pushed it here. I can understand their cosmetics-not-tested-on-animals and I fully support it, but this is pushing it. This is messing with my chicken! I like my chicken to look like a chicken, not a lump of boneless flesh. I do wonder how PETA plans to go about feeding all those billions of carnivours in the animal world. You know what? Maybe they should start a campaign for animal rights, in the animal kingdom. First on the black list - LIONS!!
Honestly! leave my chicken be ... a chicken!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
hahaha !
she IS back flynn. read this post. :D
flynn stop living in the past.
well...ummm...i didnt read the date. Who does??
:P
she IS back- sorta... but she's just not back in her old place (with her new comp)... & thats sorta wat i meant...
anyway... i'm trying to hum a tune, so shhhhhh!! & lemme concentrate.
PS, E- u STILL cnt hv my Winnie the Pooh bag (or my Micky Mouse 1...OR my purple 1)
:P
I know! If/wen I get 2 BD, i'll look 4 another winnie the pooh bag... sorta similar (although my 1 may hv actually been bought in the UK). did u want 1 with a gigantic zip as well??
Llama...wat shud i get u??
Raspberries & cream (!) i'm getting waaaaay ahead of meself.
i don't want no winnie the poo bag! u don't even have one do u? i'm talking about the snoopy bag. u do have one like that right? or am i just imagining it?
anyway i think both winnie and micky are geeks
duuuude!! ur the geek. My bags r winnie the pooh & micky...my UMBRELLA is Snoopy!!
:D
hey hey! no dissing the bags!!
-flynn
haha i love the arguments that form over cartoon characters.
i despise poo and micki. u keep ur bags to urself. they'r geeks themselves.
Post a Comment