In the middle of an amazingly stressful day, I felt more alive today than I have felt in quite a while. The decision had already been made and today was about bearing the consequences of finalizing the decisions. Today was about anticipation of all the negative consequences that could follow. What was meant to to be about informing and a little bit convincing, turned out to be debating, argueing, reasoning, and assumpsions of misunderstandings. Today was about a confusion between misunderstanding and misinformed. Today was about fearing the loss of age-old friendships. Today was about an expectation of being noticed and of being comforted by age-old friends. Today was about hoping that Muslims will be Muslims even in the face of misunderstood diversions.
And today was about understanding that to some, stress over "the greater good" can come before comforting. Today was about understanding that to some, the fear that self-preservation can come before comforting an individual.
Today was a day of pain, hurt, dissapointment, enlightenment, hope, regret, expectations, acceptance, understanding, misunderstanding, tears, and possibly many more.
I Wish Today Had Been A Day Of Peace...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment