- 80% in a tajweed reading exam is not a particularly high achievement. Especially when you are reading from a memorised surah. Although, I may not have made a mistake in a word that I've been marked down in. Still, I love my tajweed teacher so much, I couldn't possibly argue with her.
- So, exams being over with (and we will not dwell on how they went) it is now time for some self evaluation (that's hint enough). I found something precious a little while ago, and I've lost it again a few days ago. And now I'M feeling very much lost.
- I've been dissing the whole notion of one not being able to function in the morning until one has their coffee or tea. Now it seems that I've fallen in the same trap. I'm sitting in my room with the heater in front me and a mug of green tea. The mere smell of it is enough to energize me, but I still prefer to taste it.
- I am continuing to mourne the fact that Dawud Wharnsby Ali has taken up the guitar again. But I supposed it has helped him in expanding his personal horizons and realizing what more he can do with his talents. (But it still begs the question - how much is actually necessary? ... But we won't debate right now). Here is what I'm talking about - Pages of Hope. The song is quite catchy and I won't pretend otherwise in spite of my disposition.
- "...We've digitized the revelation; Does our rehearsed recitation go any deeper than our throats?..."
Sunday, July 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that song is so relevant to me now its sad. :(
Post a Comment