Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thursday, September 1, 2005

The phone starts ringing and vibrating to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". 'She' picks it up and takes the call; - it's an expected call from 'He', The Boy.

"Hello, Assalamu alaikum," 'she' says to 'he'.
From the other side of the wonderful invention of communication comes a sound of a whole lot of people bustling around the caller. Drowning the noise comes the reply,
"Wa alaikum assalam" ... pause ... "...uuuhm, amar ajke ashte deri hobe."
"Koytay ashba?"
"Atta-noytay."
"Tumi kothay?"
"Why don't you take a guess?", a cheeky reply expecting a known, and obvious, answer.
"Library," - the reply is ho hum, not catching the cheekiness in 'he's' question.
"Congratulations! You got it!"
And the cheekiness becomes obvious. 'She' asks with a smile,
"Which library?"
"I'll give you another guess," - the equal level smile is obvious in 'he's' words.
"Oh! lemme guess ... uni!"
"Oh, you're on fire today, aren't you?! What next?"
The words exchange end here with "Allah Hafez" and "Khoda Hafez" being said at the same time.

... and so does my post.


Note: In case you can't tell, 'she' and 'he' are sister-brother of 'twinzy' relation.

11 comments:

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

oookay then.........

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

hoe about we call it "twinzy relation?"

Emu said...

Done.

flynn.t said...

I think I've lost the bottom half of me jaw.
"He" of the "twinzy relation" remains locked in an almost hell-hole kind of place (like the library) until such ungodly hours??

Lordy, I've don't think I could breathe after more than 2/3 hrs in such a place. I mean... it's got books!! Books that aren't even fiction!!!!

Sorry- I'm just amazed... oh well, at least now we know where the smart ones hang out (even at 8PM :S) lol... funny convo.

L said...

hehe.. my dear he-she/bro-sis never have this type o convo... at least i dont think so. hmm... it must be fun having a twin. ive always wanted one. and i rekon a bro twin is better than a sis twin..dont u think so?

Emu said...

princess, u should tell that to ishita. she ethinks we're the most uncommunicative pair ever. but i'm not so sure about the word sweet...

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

*lol* I still remember the 1st time I met you pair...it was at Mahbub uncle's (remember Jabir?) house @ Auburn...do you remember? He was a head taller than you...and you were a head shorter than me! there were family resemblence...but I wouldn't know you two were twinz if I wasn't told.

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

yeah a boy twin *lol*

Emu said...

oh yes, Jabir, the li'l cutie. He always used to have his lower lip sucked in remember? Whenever he was in our house, he used to stand on the bed next to the window and just stare outside. is it at their house that we first met? i don't remember. but i do remember that we had a confusing time finding your house for the first time. our whole family went togather an we were standing outside your building in the drizzle, trying to determine if this was it. lol.... aaah, memories...

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

lol yeah memories...much more preferrable to reality!

Ayway, I'm translating this novel and you're envited to have a read Daughter of the Jew

Rings said...

just blog hopping! nice blog! :)
I never have anything better to do.. lol!
will visit again soon.. ya!?
take cares
khuda hafiz!