Monday, December 05, 2005

Duty calls ... but does not often recall

আমার বিড়ালের সম্মানে খুব বড় একটা আঘাত লেগেছে আজকে। প্রথমে তার পিঠে, এবং পরখ্খনে মাথায় ইদুরের বাচ্চা বসা, আর বেচারী কিছুই করতে পারলো না। Going past the varanda (where this humiliating event was taking place), father-dear commented that the cat must have been thinking of suicide that very second. Those of you who do not have mice and a cat living under the same roof will probably have no idea what an entertainment it is to see the cat staring up at the mouse cage every now and then. বেচারীর বোধহয় ঘাড় ব্যাথা হয়ে যাচ্ছে উপরে তাকিয়ে থাকতে থাকতে। নাহ, ইদুরগুলোকে তারাতারি দোকানে ফিরিয়ে দিতে হবে ।


The title of this post really relates to jury duty. But I can't be bothered writing about it anymore.

ps. did i spell "তারাতারি" right?

24 comments:

Em said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emu said...

thank ye for thy correction.

bangla unicode:-
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/WebPage/Contrib/BanglaInput.html

Emu said...

aaahahahahaha!!! the poor feline suffered another ordeal of "mouse on head". and this time it's on camera.

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

Ema...cheeky-k dekhe dukkho hoy. Bechara amar voye shedin tomar kache ar ashlo na...o abar idur marbe ki!

Emu said...

sorry to tell u, but idur mara hoye geche already. a brutal kill too. but the predetor could not enjoy it's prey.

flynn.t said...

Argh! Be that life of the cat & mouse as it may, it's still disgusting! Why can't real life cats & mice behave like all the Stuart Littles and Snowballs in the movies??

EWWW.

Oh, and I REALLY want to drag Nemo to one of your places (Nira Apu or yours). I'm thinking Nira Apu gets priority, since you'll at least be in the same country for a while yet. But would be ablt to come with Ishi, as well... if yes, then when?? Obviously before she takes off to BD.

Emu said...

can u please rephrase the last paragraph, flynn? i'm very confused.

Anonymous said...

Lol- sorry... I do tend to ramble a bit.
Tell you what, why don't I just call you within the next couple of days and you can ask what on earth I'm yabbering on about?

Emu said...

will do

Emu said...

apologies to m apu and sabz for deleting their comments. i wanted to get rid of any comment concerning 'anon'.

Anonymous said...

But that last anon was me, Flynn!!
You want rid of me, well fine! But it's gonna be tough... I stick like jet glue when I want to.

Emu said...

ooops. sowwy.

»|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I'm glad u got rid of it.

flynn.t said...

Nah- no worries, Emu... I was just mucking around, trying to stand up for the rights of the anonymous & what not...lol.

But, in hindsight, maybe the course of action you've taken is best.

Anonymous said...

OMG.. I am a psycho! Again... Flynn I can totally recognize your style of writing. I had written something like "I can tell who you are" or something like that. ANd then I don't know what happened. Everything is deleted, for which I am glad. Lol @ Flynn... I know I know. How did your driving session go?

Anonymous said...

Actually... the driving session didn't go at all!! Mostly because ALL of us slept in... including me Dad. Lol.
I'm glad, in a way... it's a massive headache trying to drive with the "expertise" of Flynn *sarcasm*.

Anonymous said...

...speaking of which...

Anonymous said...

Which exactly are you speaking of?? The expertise, the sarcasm, the sleeping-in?? The headache???

Anonymous said...

sarcasm

Jibonjatri said...

"the expertise" I would say!

Emu said...

notun madam-er porichoy ki?

("madam" bolchi karon 'murgeer bachcha' is the sort of name i'd go with aswell)

Emu said...

oh! me know who you is!!! me know!!! me know!!! ... me thinks....

Jibonjatri said...

it sounds like my murgeer_bachcha is more FoFular than Tea Biscuit. Maybe I should get a chicken tikka/curry theme on my blog.lol And yes, Martian, I think you are right, when you claim you know me.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]emumartian.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research displays that almost 60% of all United States grownups are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.