A cople of days ago I went and bought myself a lovely pair of shoes. They really are lovely, and felt as though they were made just for my feet ... at the time. Unfortunately, it so happened that, along with the lovely pair of shoes I had inadvertently bought myself a set of foot problems. Around midday yesterday the shoe was rubbing badly against the back of my foot. Bandaged up immediately, it caused no further problems. Today, I'll be leaving the house with band-aids on several other areas of my feet in order to avoid any blisters. I intend to have no blisters to accompany my new shoes.
In other news, being in a work environment as the shadows of the managers made me realise what a 'kid' I still am. It feels like an acquarium-fish jumping into the ocean. I didn't realise it in the first few days, but slowly I started to notice all the variety of 'fish' around the workplace. Some as docile as ... sea cucumbers, while others ... well, I suppose as vicious as a shark that is hungry enough to go vegetarian. They really made me wonder - 'Do I ever want to become a department manager?' There really may be employees out there who are vindictive enough to go out of their way in order to blame another to the point of tears! Most of those who know me will know what little patience I have. I really don't want to end up in an unknown workplace, fresh out of uni, with a bunch of sharks and traumatise myself. I'll have enough to worry about with learning the ropes of work life ... and hours.
God help me! ... in finding as good a place as BT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment