Saturday, March 18, 2006

Life is random, and hence, so is my post

Assalamu alaikum all,

Firstly, I thought I'd try the different-colour-each-subject approach in this post. And just for amusement, I've put a secret message in my post. Anyone that can tell me what it is, gets a lollipop ... even if I have to parcell it overseas. I think I just saved a couple of lollipops for myself. And yes, this is the secret message.

Did you girls know that "Welcome" also has its shades of gray? I mean, there's the term "more than welcome". And here I was, thinking that there's only "You're welcome" and "You're not welcome". By the way, my fellow blogger buddies are all welcome here.

... So there I was, walking down to the bus stop from the station when I noticed an unfamiliar girl who was wearing a top of a very familiar pattern. And here it is...




Anyone else recognise it? That's the pattern of my scarf!!! THE ONE I WAS WEARING STANDING NEXT TO HER ON A LONG WAIT FOR THE BUS!!! Aiiiiii!!!

No more time to stay and chat. I have things to do, people to see. Speaking of which, doe apu and I are going to have our first Tajweed lesson today, Alhamdulillah. Let's see how it goes.

Ah, missed a news. Penalope is coming over next Friday. Plans to make Pizza and give her a little taste of Bangladeshi food too, in what I like to think of as 'a mini reunion'.

Until next time then. Toodles.

Ma'assalama

Ps. Catherine has a skull on her dp.

26 comments:

flynn.t said...

Answer to reunion-attendance still remains uncertain.
Will let you know asap, iA

Emu said...

that's it?? no other comments about no other matter??!!! go suck a lemon you all!!!

Anonymous said...

wats the secret messege?

Anonymous said...

uhh...uhhh- other comments.... errr- things.... ummm...other matters...hmmm...lemons...hmmmmmmm.

I think...uh- that is... umm- I mean...what I think is- that you, Emu, are trying to tell us something!
I could be wrong...
??
:S

LOL- give ya 3 guesses as to who this is
:D

Emu said...

the question is, anon, what r U trying to tell ME??? i'd like to say "i despise guessing games" only to quote scar (one of my favourite animated characters), but i don't really despise it. r u by any chance the traitor SaraB? after all, u have been known to tread upon blog lands as an anon.

silly, hamster. if i told u what the secret message, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it? besides which, that would ruin anyone else's chance of getting a lollipop... assuming, of course, that someone else will come visit.


clue: secret msg is in first paragraph.

Emu said...

"but i don't really despise it" - them, not it. i despise grammatical errors, though i make so many of them myself.

Anonymous said...

oooooo, I never expected being an anon could be so much fun.
Nope- not a traitor, by far...

keep guessing.
:D

Emu said...

oi!!! i'm the one playing the guessing game here!!! give me back the power over my own blog please!!!

hmm... flynn? ... u'r obviously someone i know ... tancurve?

Anonymous said...

lol... tancurve?? I thought it was the sine curve??

but, yep- sum1 u know... or shud know.

By the next comment, I'd have had enuf of this guessing game. So I'm an impatient one...duz that help??

Anonymous said...

no ... no, that certainly doesn't help bcos to my knowledge, i'm the most impatient person of all my friends.

Anonymous said...

now about that secret message, found it yet?

Anonymous said...

I found it. "I think I just saved a couple of lollipops for myself. And yes, this is the secret message." - written out in white. How delightfully simple.

When do I get my lollipop?

And Flynn, too easy.

Here's a real puzzle: how do you tell apart posers from the provocateurs?

Anonymous said...

Don't freak, ppl. I'm gone faster than I came. T'rra.

Emu said...

no, don;'t go. ... i need to find out.

... nik noodle?

Anonymous said...

HEY!!
How did the new anon know that Flynn was playing head games with Emu??

OMG- who ARE you, anon??

Argh! I'm miffed and all now...somebody has burst my little bubble of happiness :(
*sniff sniff*... and I don't even know who it is... *sob sob*
DON'T FREAK?!!? Don't freak he/she/it says...well- HOW CAN I NOT FREAK, when Emu couldn't guess who I am, but this anon pops outta nowheresville, and says "Too easy, Flynn" ...Too easy??!! AAAAHHHHH!!
The ignominy of it all... being undiscovered by a friend, yet so easily discovered by a feind.


Lolz... only joking about the whole bursting of happy bubble & ignominy & feind things.

Seriously... who is this anonymous, now gone with the wind???

PS, Emu- "nik noodle"?????????????
LOL!!*rofl*....WHO has a name like that?? **tears of laughter**

I'm just SO hyperactive today... have LOADS to tell/share. Had a GREAT day/night out & in with friends.... kinda random, last minute thing, but fun fun!!

:D
:D
:D

Anyways- this is one LOOOOOONG comment, and one hypo/happy Flynn saying "T'rra" (hehe....lolz....just havin' a go @ anon- no offence and all, mate).

Laterz, Emu :D

Emu said...

*confusion*
- not flynn, but knows flynn ... real well.
- uses words such as "delightful"
- some1 i know or shud know ...
*still confused*

wait, if u know flynn, u'r not noodlehead (must remember to apologise to nik for using such terminology).

see, anon, u might not be overly excited to want that lollipop, but i'm feeling very genorous today. so PLEASE TELL ME YOUR IDENTITY so that i may send it to u.

and FLYNN, buddy, you're back! i won't need to continue talking to myself after anon's departure.
and please enlighten me as to when u were left undiscovered by myself.

ps. "too easy" what??!!!

Emu said...

this is a very good time to mention that i'm not liking the fact that i'm confused in my own blog.

flynn.t said...

OK- to end your confusion...only slightly- the first anon (after hamster), then the 2nd & the 3rd anon (following the first)...that was me. As in, I- Flynn. That's when I was left undiscovered by the Emu.

The anons after that... the one who said "delightfully simple" & "And Flynn, too easy"...that ain't Flynn. Not even close to Flynn. The only thing "delightful" to Flynn is the prospect of pasta, instead of rice, for dinner.

I'll tell you something truly embarassing: I hadn't figured out your secret message was LITERALLY written in white until I'd read the other anon's comment at least A HUNDRED times!! LOL....talk about a SLOW brain.

But, Emu: "Who could possibly figure that out? It's completely mental..."

To which you reply: "Yeah- I suppose I was a bit distraught".

Anonymous said...

Btw- what flavour is/are the lollipop/s??

If anon doesn't claim his/hers, then I wat it... if it's a flavour I like, that is.

:D

Anonymous said...

**want**

Emu said...

nope, not happening. if anon doesn't claim her/his lillipop, it's a lollipop saved. and you know what they say - a lollipop saved is a lollipop earned.

i thought it really was a "delightfully simple" puzzle.

and flynn, how dare u play games with my head???!!! it's fragile

Anonymous said...

From the desk of the anonymous decipherer

"To whom it may concern: On the authority of the anonymous decipherer above, permission is hereby granted to the self-declared fiend Flynn to accept the lollipop from Emu on his/her/its behalf. Any assistance rendered towards the execution of this prerogative will be deeply appreciated."

*this is an electronic sanction for which no signature is required*

Emu said...

oh not u don't. it remains a lolli saved.

identify yourself and flynn gets the lolli, and since i'm feeling generous, i'll warrent u a lolli too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a feind! Well...not really.
:P

Anon....MAAAATE! Thanks HEAPS!! Owe ya one ;)

Emu, I TOTALLY get the lollipop now... it's been declared my prerogative, it has.

Do you think Anon is Sara B, Emu??
I feel so bad, I'm supposed to be her mentor, but I've not seen her a WHOLE week... I feel deprived of our floppy-poltu-plant-beverage-drinking friend.

Hehe...Emu- you said your head was fragile. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Lol... much funniness.
A fragile-headed Emu...LOL!!

I have every right to play games with your head- fragile or otherwise. My own head is still reeling from the confusion you've put me through countless times.

PS Anon: What's "decipherer"??

Better stop before this essay becomes a thesis.

Emu said...

u'r really out to get my lollipop rn't u?

Anonymous said...

How contemptuous, denying my writ. Just you wait! You'll sing a different tune when my lawyers arrange a subpoena for you!! Hmph!

Seriously though, save yourself the postage. I relinquish my right to it.

Anon isn't a Sara B, Flynn. But this time, he/she/it really means the t'rra!