Sunday, March 26, 2006

First time for everything...

Oooh, how could I possibly forget to record the first day I start driving??!! That was yesterday, and boy was that fun. Now I truly know why people go drag racing …(don’t worry folks, I ain’t tryin’ that … yet) …I just hope that my instructor wouldn’t have to keep her hands on the steering wheel or press her brake so much next time.

A topic of a different nature:I've been blog-hopping lately and I've stepped on the blogs of some quiet intellectual people. They come across as knowledgables in Islam and practicing Muslims. But almost all of them have at least one entry in their blog that their branching minds are branching out a little too much, into the darker side of the forest. It's dissappointing even though I'm aware of the fact that all of us concentrate on some good things so much that we get a little lax on some others. No one is safe from this. It's so hard to walk the middle path.


Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I didn't crash into anything on my very first day of driving! Alhamdulillah! ... Well, I hadn't really expected to do that. I mean, it's pretty silly to put the gear on drive when you're backing out of the garage/driveway, which a certain someone did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, man!! Hope you get to drag race ;)
To be honest, if I'm doing even 2kph above the speed limit, me Dad considers that going at a murderous speed... and even worse than dra racong!
:S

ahhhhhh the life of a "gunda" on the road.

Anonymous said...

hehe...."dra racong"!!
LOL... what I meant was **drag racing**

flynn.

flynn.t said...

About that lollipop.. it's ok, I just bought myself a whole pack of 'em... so you can have yours.
Actually, do you want some of mine?? It's free (for you only):D

Emu said...

uh-huh! uh-huh! uh-huh! *nodding ever-so-vigorously*

Anonymous said...

*blushing furiously*
Uhhh...eeerrrmmmm...
I'm REALLY sorry (times a million and TWO), but I kind of took the pack to the Musallah, and today the Musalllah was REALLY full because a brother was giving a talk (Seerah of the Prophet)...

Long story short...
There aren't any lollipops left.

:(
I'm sorry.
If it makes you feel any better, I FINALLY saw Sara B., and forced her to take one as well (but she still prefers her plant beverages...lol).
:D

Chuck said...

Your blog is really incredible! I thought your blog on silly bird videos were hilarious!