Assalamu alaikum all,
A very good news I received recently:
For a while a Chinese guy in my uni has been good friends with a few CMS members and has frequently come to our events since last year. He even came to our Iftar party last year and made the gestures of prayer with the guys when they were praying. I'm happy to announce that, Alhamdulillah, he has taken the shahadah during last holiday. May Allah's mercy be on him always and may He guide more people to Islam through him. He was wondering about when prayer time is last Thursday (CMS BBQ day) and saying "Have to do wudu, man, wudu."
CMS BBQ
It was a success! It was informational and fun - what better way to give da'wah on campus? We had a Sheikh coming in (who didn't sound so controversial as I heard him to be) who gave us a talk about youth and utilising it. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the entire talk because of a salad problem, the solution to which you are sure to find amusing: We had salad ... great! ... but we had no dressing ... not so great. So, thanks to one hyper-excited shura member we managed to make a salad dressing consisting of vinegar, two laimoons ($0.60 from bite me) and salt satchets (also from bite me, but free). Mr. President, knowing nothing of this concoction, asked, "Mmm, what dressing is this, Greek or Italian?" -- .... ??? ...... AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Due to some strange work of my nature, I get an urge to blog more and study less whenever I have exams coming up. I'm going to skedaddle out of here and hopefully not come back before Monday night...... yeah, right!!!
Wassalams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heh..."bite me"...I like.
Btw- it's friday and you still haven't come back, so you're doing better than good.
So...now, can you come back (to blogging that is)??
relieved, relieved, relieved .... Alhamdulillah.
I have an interesting tale to tell (no, it doesn't concern last Wednesday's phone call for those who know). Haha! I laugh at the though of it ... "research student gets arrested!"!!!
ps. wednesday's tale shall remain unsaid.
Wednesday... yes- my lips are and have been sealed (mostly because I'd forgotten, and it took me a while to understand what you were on about). But lemme know what happens (if anything).
Post a Comment